Saturday 19 January 2013

Review: Nails Inc. - Bling it on: Leather & Skulls Pt. 1

Hi

Well its still snowy and white here in the UK and the weather reports show it may get worse today and tommorrow so, what better excuse to stay in and write reviews for all you wonderful people.



Now if you like my Facebook page you'll have seen me post a photo of today's review, I was so excited I just couldn't wait to show you all what was coming so go hit like on my page now and I;ll keep you up to date with all my upcoming reviews, hauls and all the other exciting things that happen in my life.

Now at Christmas (which was a whole 3 and half weeks ago now - where has time gone?) I was a very lucky girl and got both shades of the new Nails Inc. Bling it on: Leather and Skulls nail polish, so rather than review them individually I thought I'd review both today but to avoid making this one very long post, I'll put them in 2 parts.







First is the classic black. The packaging is very rock and roll, which seems to be the vibe they have gone with for this product, and by pairing the leather effect polish with diamanté crystal skull embellishments they have sealed the deal. Inside the box you also get nail glue and a cuticle stick to help stick the skulls to the nail, with full instructions on the back.






The nail polish itself is very unique, because it comes with a leather glad lid. Very different to the usual silver mirror lids and allows you to immediately compare your nails to the real thing. Nails Inc have called this polish 'Noho' which I have to admit I found an unsual name, I can't find anywhere in London called Noho or in the UK for that matter, however I have emailed Nails Inc.'s customer service desk, to help clear up the matter so I'll let you know when I get a response.




Upon trying the polish I was really happy to see that if your in a rush this polish is opaque in one coat (although two makes the colour stronger and the texture more defined) and that it dries very quickly. The consistancy of the polish is quite thin but not too runny, and the texture when it dries is not smooth but not rough. It is a matte finish in that it is not shiny but the texture of the polish adds dimension and interest to the finish so that they don't look dull at all. As you can see from the my comparison photo below the final texture looks incredibly like the leather cap and so I think this is defintly a job well done for the Nails Inc team.




The only downfall to this polish is because you can't top coat it the polish doesn't stay on as long as one with top coat, 2-3 days at the most maybe. However I love the polish so much this is not going to stop me wearing it at all, and because the crystal skulls are re-usable I will be showing them off all days of the week!

Have you tried the Leather effect polish yet? Let me know in the comments below or tweet me @judes-addiction. I love hearing what you think too.

Stay tuned for part 2 of this review where I look at the Tan shade.

Love Jude

xxxx




1 comment:

  1. I love the look of this, Nails Inc are out of my price range so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that a cheaper brand come out with a dupe as I'd love a bottle of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...